Police: McDonald's employee claims she was burned by smoldering dollar bill

Posted: Updated:

Police in Hackettstown say that a McDonald's employee burned the palm of her hand after a customer handed her a burnt dollar bill.

The incident happened Sunday around 10:24 p.m. at McDonald's located at 202 Mountain Ave.

Police say after she received the money, she realized the dollar was still smoldering.

The victim refused medical treatment at the scene, according to police. it was unclear if she sought medical attention later.

Police say that no further information will be released at this time.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."