Some streets to close Friday for ‘West Side Story’ filming in PatersonPosted: Updated:
The Sharks and the Jets are coming to Paterson.
Filming for Steven Spielberg’s “West Side Story” is underway and parts of the movie are being filmed in Paterson.
Some streets around City Hall will be closed Friday while filming takes place.
Paterson Mayor Andrew Sayegh says that he is excited to see what the project means for the city.
“It elevates our image. It gives us an opportunity to promote Paterson even more and attract more film industry types to our city. And it creates that positive buzz that Paterson needs,” he says.
Film crews have been working the city since May.
Earlier this week New Jersey approved about $7 million in tax credits for the production under a 2018 law designed to bring more movie shoots to the Garden State.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Officials say a fire destroyed three tractor-trailers and a car behind a haunted house attraction in Passaic.
- The annual America's 9/11 ride is underway this weekend -- and the route stopped today in New Jersey.
- Authorities say an Elizabeth police officer fired a round after a suspect produced a weapon when ordered to stop.
- Officials in Howell have confirmed water in the Manasquan Reservoir is contaminated with another toxic algae bloom.
- A nursing assistant has been charged with manslaughter in the death of an 85-year-old woman who was in her care.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
- Check out the 2019 concert series lineup at PNC Bank Arts Center.Check out the 2019 concert series lineup at PNC Bank Arts Center.
- Are you looking for some outdoor fun and adventure this summer? Or maybe you're just thinking up some ideas to help the kids cool off in the summer heat? The tri-state area has a handful of water parks that may do the trick.
- Photos from the 2019 On the Road series.Photos from the 2019 On the Road series.