New Jersey jobless rate hits new low of 3.3 percentPosted: Updated:
(AP) - New Jersey's unemployment has fallen to a new low of 3.3%.
The state Labor and Workforce Development Department made the announcement Thursday. The agency says July's rate bests the previous month's low of 3.5%.
The rate is the lowest monthly rate since record-keeping began in 1976.
Despite the falling rate, the state lost 500 jobs in July.
New Jersey's jobless rate is below the national rate of 3.7%.
The department says the state saw fewer jobs created in five of nine major categories. Leisure and hospitality; education and health services; information and financial services; as well as other services all shed workers.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Those heading to the new American Dream mall in East Rutherford will be paying for more than just shopping and entertainment.
- Police in New York City say a Department of Transportation employee was killed after one of his colleagues driving a truck accidentally struck and ran him over.
- Authorities in Paterson have arrested a man in connection with the murder of a DoorDash delivery driver.
- Police in Atlantic City are asking for the public’s help identifying a body that washed up on a jetty.
- Moorestown-based maternity wear retailer Destination Maternity has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.Moorestown-based maternity wear retailer Destination Maternity has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.