Prosecutors: Man dies after pinned under car he was working on with nephewPosted: Updated:
Passaic County prosecutors have announced a man from Paterson has died after he was pinned under a car that he was working on with his nephew.
The incident happened Tuesday around 6:34 p.m. in the area of 16 Salem Road.
According to prosecutors, police responded to a report of a pedestrian struck.
Authorities say Kesnel Rochelyn, 61, died at the scene.
Rochelyn was working on a 2004 BMW 325 with his nephew, Christ Rochelyn, 28, who was behind the wheel.
AP wire services helped contribute to this report.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Six Flags Great Adventure closed early Monday due to a parkwide power outage.Six Flags Great Adventure closed early Monday due to a parkwide power outage.
- State police say a crash on I-80 in Elmwood Park left a teenage girl dead and two other people injured.
- Published reports say a doctor from Kearny fell to his death during a vacation in Ibiza, an island off the coast of Spain.
- A Sussex County family says that they are upset and confused by the firing of their adult daughter with special needs by her employer, Panera Bread.
- The mayor of Bloomfield says that the township is in the process of changing its drinking water supply amid concerns of lead contamination.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Are you looking for some outdoor fun and adventure this summer? Or maybe you're just thinking up some ideas to help the kids cool off in the summer heat? The tri-state area has a handful of water parks that may do the trick.