Severe Thunderstorm WARNING in effect for:
Heat ADVISORY in effect for:
Flood ADVISORY in effect for:
Police: Man killed following motorcycle crash on Palisades ParkwayPosted: Updated:
Police say a man riding a motorcycle was killed following a crash on the Palisades Parkway in Alpine.
The crash happened Saturday around 2:30 p.m. at the Exit 4 ramp on the southbound side of the parkway.
According to officers, when they arrived at the scene, civilians were already doing CPR on the victim, a 31-year-old from Brooklyn.
Police say the victim was driving a black 2009 Buell motorcycle.
He was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- State police say a crash on I-80 in Elmwood Park left a teenage girl dead and two other people injured.
- Published reports say a doctor from Kearny fell to his death during a vacation in Ibiza, an island off the coast of Spain.
- A woman from Gloucester Township has been accused of setting a man's home on fire after she was invited over for a late night rendezvous.
- New York City's police commissioner on Monday fired an officer involved in the 2014 chokehold death of an unarmed black man.
- Pop-up experiences are a big hit on social media. People flock to these temporary venues, which include experiences like dining, drinking, and art.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Are you looking for some outdoor fun and adventure this summer? Or maybe you're just thinking up some ideas to help the kids cool off in the summer heat? The tri-state area has a handful of water parks that may do the trick.