Off the grid: Hopewell man runs home without using electricityPosted: Updated:
Imagine living life without being dependent on electricity.
A Hopewell man has made this a reality and is trying to teach others to do it too.
“You have the keys to be your own independent power plant,” says Michael Striziki, president of Hydrogen House Project.
Striziki lives off the electrical power grid and powers his home and vehicles using hydrogen, oxygen and the sun.
“Energy and water are the two that will change this planet and we need to do it,” he says.
Striziki’s property is loaded with solar panels.
“These take the energy right from the roof and they convert it into house current,” he says. “That energy is used in my refrigerator, my geothermal systems, my hot tubs, swimming pool, everything.”
Striziki says his home uses 100% renewable energy. He even uses a car that can produce drinkable water.
“This car makes 12 gallons of water every tankful,” he says.
Striziki is using his knowledge to build sustainable homes for other people.
"We're consuming ourselves into extinction,” he says. "We're not gonna leave anything for our children or grandchildren."
More information about the Hydrogen House Project can be found on its website.
- State officials say that New Jersey is facing a growing threat from the Pagans motorcycle club.State officials say that New Jersey is facing a growing threat from the Pagans motorcycle club.
- Police in Linden say a passenger of a vehicle was killed after the driver struck a parked tractor-trailer.
- The American Dream mega mall in East Rutherford opens Friday, including the Nickelodeon Universe theme park. Here is a guide for everything you need to know.
- Police in southeastern England say 39 people were found dead in a truck believed to be from Bulgaria.
- Penn State University has suspended a fraternity following the off-campus death of a 17-year-old boy.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.