Owners of popular Jersey Shore restaurant sue critic neighborsPosted: Updated:
The owners of a popular Jersey Shore restaurant have filed a lawsuit against two neighbors who have been fighting against the establishment.
The Parker House has been located in Sea Girt for years and has become a popular lunch and dinner spot for families. But some say that the crowd at the restaurant can be noisy and rowdy in the summer.
One of the defendants in the lawsuit is the owner of the Beacon House, a bed and breakfast located across the street from the Parker House.
The Beacon House owner and at least one other neighbor have complained to town officials about the long lines and loud parties at the Parker House. The bar’s liquor license was recently in jeopardy due to the battle.
Some Parker House customers say they understand how living near the bar could be a little bothersome.
“I can understand. There are times that the street is full of cars,” says Parker House customer Lynda Parker. “But I don’t get why they can’t be friends. I just don’t understand that.”
But others say that the neighbors knew what they were getting into when they moved in.
“It’s a staple of the Jersey Shore. Don’t buy a house here if you don’t like the noise,” says Courtney Nerenberg, of Wall.
According to the Coast Star newspaper, the Parker House owners filed a defamation lawsuit against the neighbors. They say that they have lost customers due to the complaints.
News 12 New Jersey reached out to attorneys for both parties but did not hear back.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Gov. Phil Murphy vetoed an extension of two tax incentive programs that are the subject of a state investigation.
- The Monmouth County Park System says the algae bloom advisory at the Manasquan Reservoir has been lifted.
- A national nonprofit is warning of a scam it calls "sextortion."A national nonprofit is warning of a scam it calls "sextortion."
- The danger of deadly rip currents increases as the summer comes to an end, and for those trying to squeeze in their last vacation days at the beach it could be a rough week.
- The summertime staple that brings more than 50,000 to the East End is kicking off in Bridgehampton Sunday.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- First serve! Check out some of the food options at the 2019 US Open at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Queens.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.