Severe Thunderstorm WATCH in effect for:
Heat ADVISORY in effect for:
Special Weather STATEMENT in effect for:
Swimming advisory lifted for Henderson Cove section of Lake HopatcongPosted: Updated:
The state has lifted the swimming advisory in the Henderson Cove section of Lake Hopatcong Thursday.
Bacteria levels are now below the state's advisory threshold.
The Indian Harbor section of the lake is also safe for swimming.
Officials say people should still avoid swimming in the other sections of the lake.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- State police arrested a man for DWI, and seized an AK-47 rifle and ammunition during a traffic stop on the New Jersey Turnpike.
- Powerful thunderstorms could potentially impact New Jersey Wednesday evening.Powerful thunderstorms could potentially impact New Jersey Wednesday evening.
- A school board meeting was held Tuesday night in Wall Township, where the board voted to stop all work on the temporary trailer classrooms outside of Central School.
- NEW YORK (AP) - A police supervisor has agreed to give up vacation time to settle a disciplinary case stemming from the 2014 chokehold death of Eric Garner. The New York Police Department confirmed Wednesday that Sgt. Kizzy Adonis' case had been resolved,
- The Denver Post reports public health officials are still finding infected fleas in fields surrounding Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Are you looking for some outdoor fun and adventure this summer? Or maybe you're just thinking up some ideas to help the kids cool off in the summer heat? The tri-state area has a handful of water parks that may do the trick.