Electricity nearly fully restored in New Jersey following stormPosted: Updated:
The electricity that went out during Monday's severe storms is nearly fully restored in New Jersey.
Roughly 200 customers were still without service Friday evening, according to Jersey Central Power & Light’s online outage map. The outages were mostly in Monmouth and Morris counties. It was unclear if all of the outages were left were storm-related.
The company said that power should be fully restored by late Friday night.
PSE&G says that crews restored service to all of its customers affected by the storm on Thursday.
More than 360,000 statewide were without power during the height of the storms, which packed strong winds. The winds downed trees and power lines.
The Associated Press wire services contributed to this report.
- A Mount Arlington man is facing sexual assault charges for an alleged incident involving a toddler.A Mount Arlington man is facing sexual assault charges for an alleged incident involving a toddler.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- The four-day long NYC Wine and Food Festival has come to a close. It featured more than 80 events throughout the city, 500 chefs, and more than 50,000 attendees.
- Beach season may be over, but that didn't stop student surfers from hitting the waters at Spring Lake Beach Sunday.
- Monday marks the start of New Jersey's black bear hunting season.Monday marks the start of New Jersey's black bear hunting season.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Do you like to gamble? Or maybe you're just looking to get away for a weekend or for a night? The tri-state area has a couple casinos that may do the trick. Here is a guide to casinos in the area.