Scary! – Riders stuck for 2 hours on Six Flags coaster in MarylandPosted: Updated:
BOWIE, Md. (AP) - Roller coaster riders were stuck atop a hill for nearly two hours at a Six Flags amusement park in Maryland when the ride malfunctioned.
News outlets quote Six Flags America spokeswoman Denise Stokes as saying the ride came to a stop at the top of the lift hill on the Firebird ride Thursday night.
All guests were escorted safely off the ride, but officials said passengers had to wait for nearly two hours on the floorless coaster as the park followed safety procedures.
Six Flags officials told news outlets the ride will remain closed while it undergoes an inspection.
WJZ reports this is the third time in the past three years that people have been removed from one ride or another at the Six Flags park in Bowie, Maryland.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- State officials say that New Jersey is facing a growing threat from the Pagans motorcycle club.State officials say that New Jersey is facing a growing threat from the Pagans motorcycle club.
- Police in Linden say a passenger of a vehicle was killed after the driver struck a parked tractor-trailer.
- The American Dream mega mall in East Rutherford opens Friday, including the Nickelodeon Universe theme park. Here is a guide for everything you need to know.
- Police in southeastern England say 39 people were found dead in a truck believed to be from Bulgaria.
- Penn State University has suspended a fraternity following the off-campus death of a 17-year-old boy.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.