Officials: Swimmer drowns on rafting trip in Delaware River; body recoveredPosted: Updated:
Rescuers have recovered the body of a swimmer who went missing in the Delaware River.
According to officials, the body of Christopher Rivera, 20, of Staten Island, was recovered Tuesday around 8 p.m. by dive teams from the National Park Service and Portland Hook and Ladder Company.
Officials say Rivera was last seen Tuesday around 4 p.m. near the Karamac Bridge abutments. Rivera was on a rafting trip when he went underwater. Other members of his group saw him struggle in the current before going under the water.
He was not wearing a life jacket.
- State officials say that New Jersey is facing a growing threat from the Pagans motorcycle club.State officials say that New Jersey is facing a growing threat from the Pagans motorcycle club.
- Police in Linden say a passenger of a vehicle was killed after the driver struck a parked tractor-trailer.
- The American Dream mega mall in East Rutherford opens Friday, including the Nickelodeon Universe theme park. Here is a guide for everything you need to know.
- Police in southeastern England say 39 people were found dead in a truck believed to be from Bulgaria.
- Penn State University has suspended a fraternity following the off-campus death of a 17-year-old boy.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.