Cherry Hill police set up DUI checkpoints for this weekendPosted: Updated:
Cherry Hill police are setting up DUI checkpoints on the roads this weekend.
According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly 11,000 people were killed in alcohol-related crashes in the U.S. in 2017.
The data indicates 125 of those fatalities were in New Jersey.
Those alcohol-related deaths made up about 20% of the roadway fatality total.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Many Newark residents are participating in the city's Lead Service Line Replacement Program, but are those who are taking part in it feeling better about their water?
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed radiation therapy for a cancerous tumor on her pancreas and there is no evidence of the disease remaining, the Supreme Court said Friday.
- Jersey City is expecting thousands Saturday to take to the streets and celebrate LGBT pride.Jersey City is expecting thousands Saturday to take to the streets and celebrate LGBT pride.
- News 12 New Jersey is On The Road at Cape May.News 12 New Jersey is On The Road at Cape May.
- Newark Mayor Ras Baraka made his way around his city Friday, checking in firsthand with how residents are being provided bottled water in light of the lead crisis.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
- Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.