Apartment complex evacuated due to gas leak

Posted: Updated:
HIGHTSTOWN -

An apartment complex in Hightstown was evacuated Saturday morning due to a gas leak.

Fire officials say a contractor hit a gas line while trying to fix a sewer.

They say that contractor did not get clearance from PSE&G to work near the gas pipes.

More than 60 people were effected. No injuries were reported.

 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."