Sports memorabilia business Steiner Sports to shut downPosted: Updated:
A fixture in the sports memorabilia business in New York for over 30 years is shutting down.
A New York Labor Department filing shows Steiner Sports will lay off all 60 of its employees between Aug. 29 and Oct. 29.
Brandon Steiner founded the New Rochelle company and since then it has become a giant in its field.
Omnicon group purchased the company in 2000, and recently sold part of it to Fanatics.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- State police arrested a man for DWI, and seized an AK-47 rifle and ammunition during a traffic stop on the New Jersey Turnpike.
- A steamy day is expected across New Jersey, with the potential for severe weather later on.A steamy day is expected across New Jersey, with the potential for severe weather later on.
- A school board meeting was held Tuesday night in Wall Township, where the board voted to stop all work on the temporary trailer classrooms outside of Central School.
- Three fishermen from Staten Island reeled in a massive shark off the coast of Sandy Hook.Three fishermen from Staten Island reeled in a massive shark off the coast of Sandy Hook.
- A man from Newark is facing multiple charges, including child sex charges, after police found mummified remains in a closet in his home.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Are you looking for some outdoor fun and adventure this summer? Or maybe you're just thinking up some ideas to help the kids cool off in the summer heat? The tri-state area has a handful of water parks that may do the trick.