Maplewood festival celebrates LGBTQ pridePosted: Updated:
Pride was on full display Sunday at the annual North Jersey Pride Festival in Maplewood.
This year's theme was Stonewall 50, to remember the 50th anniversary of the riots at Stonewall Inn.
The festival combines fun with honoring LGBTQ leaders.
The family-friendly event focused on empowering LGBTQ youth.
"This tells them it's okay who you are. You are beautiful just the way you are," says C.J. Prince, director of the North Jersey Pride Festival.
This year marked the ninth year of the festival.
- The ex-boyfriend of a Freehold woman who is missing had apparently sent her a string of profanity-laced text messages on the night she disappeared.
- Chick-fil-A is opening four new locations around New Jersey, specifically Ramsey, Edison, Barrington and Wayne.
- A consumer safety group has released its annual list of the most dangerous toys of the year, just in time for the holiday shopping season.
- A new indoor adventure park featuring laser tag, trampolines, and more is coming to East Brunswick.A new indoor adventure park featuring laser tag, trampolines, and more is coming to East Brunswick.
- The residents of Dover will have a holiday parade after all, despite the town’s mayor originally canceling it.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.