Sephora to close US stores Wednesday for inclusion workshopsPosted: Updated:
Sephora says it will close all its U.S. stores on the morning of June 5 to host "inclusion workshops" for its employees.
The move comes just over a month after the cosmetics company caught the internet's eye when singer SZA said she had security called on her while shopping at a California store.
Sephora posted notice of the closures on its Facebook page and elsewhere. It also included a link to its "We Belong to Something Beautiful" campaign, which says, "We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included."
On April 30, SZA tweeted that a Sephora employee called security to make sure she wasn't stealing.
Sephora responded with an apologetic tweet, saying it takes such complaints seriously.
AP wire services helped contribute to this report.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Officials say a fire destroyed three tractor-trailers and a car behind a haunted house attraction in Passaic.
- Authorities say an Elizabeth police officer fired a round after a suspect produced a weapon when ordered to stop.
- Officials in Howell have confirmed water in the Manasquan Reservoir is contaminated with another toxic algae bloom.
- A nursing assistant has been charged with manslaughter in the death of an 85-year-old woman who was in her care.
- A 26-year-old homeless man from West Virginia faces charges for allegedly placing two devices that resembled pressure cookers in a New York City subway station.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
- Check out the 2019 concert series lineup at PNC Bank Arts Center.Check out the 2019 concert series lineup at PNC Bank Arts Center.
- Are you looking for some outdoor fun and adventure this summer? Or maybe you're just thinking up some ideas to help the kids cool off in the summer heat? The tri-state area has a handful of water parks that may do the trick.
- Photos from the 2019 On the Road series.Photos from the 2019 On the Road series.