Large development project to bring housing, retail and entertainment to SayrevillePosted: Updated:
A large development project is expected to bring more housing, retail space and entertainment to a Middlesex County town.
The development site is the former home of paint manufacturer National Lead – a location that sits just off the Driscoll Bridge in Sayreville.
The developers gave News 12 New Jersey a tour of the site, which is currently undergoing an environmental cleanup.
The new location will be called Riverton – virtually a town unto its self. It will include retail space, apartments, parks, a marina, a theater and art venues. It is being billed as “America’s next great hometown.”
The developers say that the location – 400 acres with a view of the Raritan River and its own exit on the Garden State Parkway – makes Riverton a prime location. They say that it is worth the 10-year cleanup project that has been underway.
The cleanup includes the removal of 360,000 cubic yards of soil. But it is near completion.
The developers say that they have just submitted plans for the first section of the project to the Sayreville Planning Board for approval. This section will include a Bass Pro Shop.
- A person familiar with the case confirmed to the Associated Press that Bryant's 13-year-old daughter Gianna also was killed.
- Police say a man is wanted for leading police on a chase after attempting to rob a store in Fairfield Sunday morning.
- Dozens in East Brunswick are mourning the death of a 13-year-old boy who drowned in a pond near the city's police headquarters.
- A 17-year-old from Bayville was killed Sunday while trying to cross Route 37 in Toms River.A 17-year-old from Bayville was killed Sunday while trying to cross Route 37 in Toms River.
- A congregation in Freehold joined together for Sunday services less than a week after their church was vandalized.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.