Reports of people injured, animals dying linger over aquarium opening at NJ mallPosted: Updated:
Wildlife officials are asking the state to look into a company planning an aquarium and petting zoo at Woodbridge Center Mall later this year.
SeaQuest submitted an application to exhibit numerous animals at the proposed aquarium.
But in a letter to the New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife, PETA urged officials to confer with agencies in Colorado and Nevada.
In Colorado, SeaQuest's license suspension came after at least 41 people were injured by animals, as well as eight citations for violations of state laws in just six month.
According to news reports, the location failed two animal safety inspections by the state.
In Las Vegas, a former employee told the local newspaper hundreds of animals died while the site was opening.
The company operates at least nine small aquariums across the country, with other locations in Utah and Florida.
- State police say three people were killed, and another seriously injured, following an early morning multi-vehicle crash on Interstate 80 in the Parsippany-Troy Hills area.
- A homicide investigation is underway in Howell after a man’s body was found lying in the middle of a street.
- The American Dream mega mall in East Rutherford is set to open its doors in exactly one week, and opening inside -- the Nickelodeon Universe theme park.
- A man from Pennsylvania is launching a new effort to find Bridgeton missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, and a new search is scheduled for this weekend.
- A new Chick-fil-A will be opening its doors sometime next month in West Berlin, and looking to fill over 150 positions.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.