Families walk to remember babies who have diedPosted: Updated:
Families from across New Jersey came together Sunday in Bradley Beach to remember babies who have died.
This is the 10th annual Rock & Walk hosted by the Tears Foundation.
The foundation helps families who have lost babies pay for a funeral and other costs. But the emotional support is what these parents say means the most.
"Right after Christopher's passing it was really hard to grieve his death," says Michelle Rogers. "So I met fabulous friends who I am very close with to this day, just to get through. The grieving process was incredibly difficult so they were the only people that understood our pain."
The national chapter of the Tears Foundation was founded in 2002 by a woman who lost her son and wanted to help others in similar situations.
The New Jersey chapter started in 2010 in Bradley Beach.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A Passaic woman says that she and her children were attacked by her 12-year-old son’s bully while they were walking on the street.
- Police in Chicago have released hundreds of files from the investigation into Jussie Smollett's claim he was attacked by two men.
- A woman from Charlotte, North Carolina with a sizable following for sharing good news has her first experience driving in New Jersey -- and her video about her experience is going viral.
- A new survey released by WalletHub says New Jersey is the least patriotic state in the United States.
- A Hackensack School Board member is facing calls for her resignation over comments she made speaking out against the state’s new requirement to teach LGBT history in schools.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- The BET Awards were held Sunday, June 23 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.The BET Awards were held Sunday, June 23 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
- The bug-eyed, dreadlocked pooch took top honors Friday night at the 31st annual World's Ugliest Dog Contest.
- Are you or a loved one headed to the prom this year? We want to see your photos!Are you or a loved one headed to the prom this year? We want to see your photos!
- Dead & Company performed to a packed crowd at Citi Field on June 23.Dead & Company performed to a packed crowd at Citi Field on June 23.
- The 29th annual Long Beach Pride Parade kicked off Sunday at noon!The 29th annual Long Beach Pride Parade kicked off Sunday at noon!