Belmar beach plagued with sewage set to reopen this summerPosted: Updated:
A beach plagued with sewage running into the water may reopen this summer.
Officials in Belmar say the town has fixed the problems at the "L" Street beach where flooding has occurred numerous times.
Belmar Public Works crews were at the beach this morning testing the sewer lines.
Last month during a council meeting, officials said the pumps were replaced in April and the lines have been flushed and sealed. They said there is no new evidence of sewage leaking.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A tanker truck has overturned on the New Jersey Turnpike on an exit ramp in Middlesex County.A tanker truck has overturned on the New Jersey Turnpike on an exit ramp in Middlesex County.
- The chance for severe weather is on tap Thursday afternoon across parts of New Jersey that could bring heavy rain, damaging winds, and an isolated tornado.
- "Real Housewives of New Jersey” husband Joe Giudice will stay in the U.S. during his ongoing deportation battle.
- Buscan a un hombre que paró varias veces vagones del subway en plena hora pico.Buscan a un hombre que paró varias veces vagones del subway en plena hora pico.
- Police in Gloucester Township are looking for a man who approached a 12-year-old girl walking her dog.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Fleet Week New York started May 22. This year marks the 31st annual event that features a week filled of activities, themed events and live demonstrations.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.