Coastal Flood WARNING in effect for:
Coastal Flood ADVISORY in effect for:
Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
News 12 catches up with 'Avengers' fan who tried to sell 'Endgame' ticket for $15KPosted: Updated:
"Avengers: Endgame" is gearing up to have a record-breaking opening weekend.
The latest movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe saga made a record $60 million opening night. This beats the previous record of $57 million set by "Star Wars: The Force Awakens."
Hype for the movie has been building over the past year. When tickets went on presale at the beginning of April, they quickly sold out. So many people wanted to buy tickets that websites like Fandango broke down for a time. People reported wait times of 3 hours.
Tickets for the movie quickly showed up on the secondary market. One New Jersey "Avengers" fan even went so far as to try to sell his tickets on eBay. Lance Harris posted his pair of tickets for $15,000 on the site and says that to his surprise, someone actually messaged him to purchase the tickets.
"My initial intent was to actually go see the movie because I'm a big 'Avengers' fan," says 18-year-old Harris of Union. "But then I saw online that someone was selling their tickets for $10,000 so I was like why not add the bar to $15,000 and I could help out with tuition and everything for college."
Harris says someone actually bought the tickets, but says the sale never went through because the buyer thought the show was for $1,500. The buyer canceled the sale, but eBay still gave Harris about $1,000 in eBay credit.
"Avengers: Endgame" is expected to earn up to $300 million in the United States.
Showings of the movie at the AMC dine-in theater in West Orange are sold out until Wednesday.
- Voters in two local school districts have decided to raise their own taxes to fund mental health services in their schools.
- The Thanks4Giving kicked off Saturday with hundreds of runners in Asbury Park raising money for the Special Olympics New Jersey.
- State Fish and Wildlife officials located a coyote's den just a day after someone was attacked by one of the animals near Rutgers University.
- This week, we're putting the spotlight on the Rahway Community Action Organization in Union County.This week, we're putting the spotlight on the Rahway Community Action Organization in Union County.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury