FBI investigating threats made against Brick Township mayorPosted: Updated:
The FBI has launched an investigation after a Twitter user made a death threat against Brick Township Mayor John Ducey.
Twitter user Daniel Roberts, going by the handle “Doctor Lock,” posted that it was “time to kill the mother[expletive], referring to Ducey, and posted his address.
The tweet comes in response to Ducey’s reaction to anti-Semitic comments made by another Twitter user. “The Big Kahuna” asked Ducey, “Can we please do something about our parks and beaches they are being invaded by the Hasidic and Orthodox Jews and being ruined. Our tax paying residents are being forced out while our politicians sit and do nothing.”
Ducey responded to the user, "Our parks security has started already. Just call police with any problems and they will send them out."
Some criticized Ducey’s response and felt that “send them out” referred to the Jewish population. They also felt that Ducey should have condemned the anti-Semitic language.
Ducey says that when he made reference to “them” he meant police officers.
Ducey told News 12 New Jersey, “The question posed started off in a very anti-Semitic comment. I didn't respond to those at all because I didn't want to inflame the situation. I didn't want to give credence to that actual opinion so what I did was I took the second part of his question. When he was asked what to do at a park I gave him the proper protocol. Call police and park security if there are any problems."
The “Doctor Lock” Twitter account that posted the threat against Ducey has been suspended.
- Funerals will be held at the end of the week for two men who were killed in a high-speed crash in Toms River.
- America's largest milk producer Dean Foods, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is filing for bankruptcy.
- Manalapan Mayor Susan Cohen asked state leaders to close down the privately owned, and state-licensed Manalapan Manor, citing several of its residents have died in recent years from a variety of causes.
- A student gunman opened fire Thursday at a Southern California high school, killing two students and wounding three others before he was captured in grave condition after shooting himself in the head, authorities said.A student gunman opened fire Thursday at a Southern California high school, killing two students and wounding three others before he was captured in grave condition after shooting himself in the head, authorities said.
- The six-month pilot program for Lime electronic scooters in Hoboken will soon come to an end, leaving the fate of this mode of transportation in the city uncertain.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury
- Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.