Looking to be an extra in the ‘Sopranos’ prequel movie? -- Here's your chancePosted: Updated:
Filmmakers for the "Sopranos" prequel movie "The Many Saints of Newark" are looking for extras.
The filmmakers will be holding a casting call Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. at Express Newark, located on the second floor of 54 Halsey St. in Newark.
They are looking for men, women and children of all ages to appear in a scene set in 1967 -- the year of the Newark riots.
Michael Gandolfini, the son of "Sopranos" star James Gandolfini, plays a young Tony Soprano in the film.
"The Many Saints of Newark" is set to film in Newark from May 6-8 at Branford Place, between Washington and Broad streets.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Gov. Phil Murphy vetoed an extension of two tax incentive programs that are the subject of a state investigation.
- The Monmouth County Park System says the algae bloom advisory at the Manasquan Reservoir has been lifted.
- A national nonprofit is warning of a scam it calls "sextortion."A national nonprofit is warning of a scam it calls "sextortion."
- The danger of deadly rip currents increases as the summer comes to an end, and for those trying to squeeze in their last vacation days at the beach it could be a rough week.
- The summertime staple that brings more than 50,000 to the East End is kicking off in Bridgehampton Sunday.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- First serve! Check out some of the food options at the 2019 US Open at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Queens.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.