Orange center gives back to struggling familiesPosted: Updated:
People in Orange who are struggling to get back on their feet know they are not alone, thanks to one man's push.
At the Unity Baptist Church in Orange, no one goes home emptyhanded. Fire victims, homeless people and domestic violence survivors can get clothing and home goods for free.
Roger Hinton and his team at the Family Assistance Resource Center are here to fulfill every need.
"Our volunteers come from churches and schools who learn about what we're doing and they want to give back and help," Hinton says.
The organization distributes gently used items to anyone down on their luck, but ready to fight.
"No matter where you are and no matter what circumstances you are in, there is always someone out there that's worse off than you are and you can also lend them a hand, and give, just give, give, give," says volunteer Lorraine Middleton.
Hinton has worked to grow the Family Assistance Resource Center for almost nine years.
He says he's fortunate to have a network of up to 500 families ready and willing to donate.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Authorities are offering a $20,000 reward for information that helps find a 5-year-old girl who went missing from a Cumberland County park
- State police have confirmed a portion of a human skull was discovered on a beach in Egg Harbor Township.
- Vice President Mike Pence paid a visit to New York's finest to be briefed on current terrorism threat awareness.Vice President Mike Pence paid a visit to New York's finest to be briefed on current terrorism threat awareness.
- A Morristown man is facing terrorism charges for allegedly scouting out locations for the militant terrorist group Hezbollah to attack.
- Police are looking for a pair of pint-sized thieves who were caught on camera taking packages from someone’s front porch in Roselle.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.