Fire causes roof collapse at Highland Park apartment complexPosted: Updated:
A large fire caused the roof of a Highland Park apartment complex to collapse.
The fire was first reported around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the complex on Forest Glen Drive.
Images from Chopper 12 showed that the fire tore through several units in the complex and destroyed a portion of the roof.
It was not immediately clear if any injuries were reported or how many people would be displaced. Volunteers from the American Red Cross were on the scene to help those impacted by the fire.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Television celebrity chef and restaurateur Carl Ruiz has died. He was 44.Television celebrity chef and restaurateur Carl Ruiz has died. He was 44.
- The New Jersey chapter of the Make A Wish Foundation held its Walk and Roll for Wishes event in Jersey City Sunday, which helps raise money to make dreams come true for sick children.
- The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office says a woman was fatally shot in Bayonne early Sunday morning.The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office says a woman was fatally shot in Bayonne early Sunday morning.
- Game of Thrones" resurrected the Iron Throne at Sunday's Emmy ceremony, ruling as top drama on a night of surprises in which "Pose" star Billy Porter made history and the comedy series "Fleabag" led a British invasion that overturned expectations.
- New Jersey state police chased down a speeding car and approached it with their guns drawn on Friday, only to find a woman who was in labor inside.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Sights and scenes from the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards, held Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019, at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
- While costumed space aliens were a common and sometimes hilarious sight in events that began Thursday, no one has reported seeing actual extraterrestrials or UFOs.
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach