Hallmark Channel, Sephora among companies dropping Lori Loughlin, daughterPosted: Updated:
A growing number of companies are dropping actress Lori Loughlin and her daughter, Olivia Jade, as a result of the college bribery scandal.
Loughlin, 54, who has been charged in the scandal, has been fired from the Hallmark Channel.
Loughlin has been a series regular on the drama "When Calls the Heart".
HP is removing an advertisement featuring Loughlin and her daughter, Olivia Jade, and both Sephora and TRESemmé are severing ties with Jade.
Several lawsuits have been filed over the scandal, including students accusing Ivy League colleges of unfair admissions.
Loughlin and her husband are accused of paying $500,000 for their two daughters to be designated as recruits to the USC crew team.
Their daughters have reportedly withdrawn from USC, and don't plan to return.
The couple, along with actress Felicity Huffman, who's also charged, will be in court in a couple of weeks for a hearing.
Huffman was arrested at her home Tuesday for her alleged involvement in the scheme.
She appeared in court Tuesday and posted a $250,000 bail.
More than four dozen people have been charged in the nationwide scam.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Trenton police say nine people were wounded in a shooting at a Trenton bar early Saturday.Trenton police say nine people were wounded in a shooting at a Trenton bar early Saturday.
- For millennials looking to buy their first home, the hunt feels like a race against the clock.For millennials looking to buy their first home, the hunt feels like a race against the clock.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- The live-action Aladdin film flew into theaters Friday.The live-action Aladdin film flew into theaters Friday.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.