Hoboken residents protest ferry refueling site in favor of parkPosted: Updated:
Hundreds of Hoboken residents gathered along the Hudson River Saturday morning to protest a plan to create a ferry refueling site.
Last year, the Army Corps of Engineers announced it had granted a permit to allow New York Waterway to operate a ferry refueling site at Union Dry Dock.
But Mayor Ravi Bhalla had plans to use the area as a waterfront park, and says he will continue to fight for that.
He says the refueling site would be a better fit in Bayonne.
Residents say they would not be able to kayak, jog, cycle or enjoy other outdoor activities if the land is used as a refueling site.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
‘Please I'm asking you to return the girl’ – Relatives pray for safe return of missing 5-year-old girlRelatives of the 5-year-old girl reported missing Monday afternoon in Bridgeton gathered in the park today, the park police say she was taken from.
- Police say a car smashed through the glass-doored front lobby of the Trump Plaza in New Rochelle, New York.
- Police in Howell say an attempted abduction involving a 6-year-old girl claiming a stranger approached her and placed a bag over her head outside her home may have never happened.
- Several streets will be closed in Paterson today for filming of the HBO production "The Plot Against America."
- The very first Stew Leonard's grocery store in New Jersey has opened its doors to the public.The very first Stew Leonard's grocery store in New Jersey has opened its doors to the public.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.
- A variety of artists will be performing at the Prudential Center in Newark for the rest of 2019 and beyond. Ticket information for the various shows can be found HERE.