Family member credits working smoke alarms during Wall Township fire

Posted: Updated:
WALL TOWNSHIP -

Five kids, two adults and a dog were all inside a home following a fire in Wall Township, and a family member is crediting working smoke alarms with making the difference.

The fire happened around 2 a.m. at a home on Bayshore Court, near Routes 138 and 35.

A family member is crediting working smoke alarms with making the difference for the seven who were inside, eventually making it out unharmed.

"Heavily, cause it started like maybe around 1:30, 2:00 in the morning, everybody was asleep so it woke them all up,” says Rob Martignetti, the fire victims’ brother. “The dog started barking and everybody got out."

A propane tank exploded in the bank of the home as the flames continued to spread but again, it was fortunate nobody was injured.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."