Authorities identify teen killed in New Year’s Day shootingPosted: Updated:
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office has identified the teenager killed in a New Year’s Day shooting.
Officials say that 18-year-old Ibn Downey, of Newark, was shot and killed around 1 a.m. Jan. 1 on the 200 Block of North 17th Street in East Orange. He died at the scene.
An 18-year-old girl was also shot, but she is expected to be OK.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone who may have information about the shooting is asked to call the Essex County prosecutor’s tip line at 1-877-847-7432.
- A shooting in Camden park left two people dead and one injured, according to authorities.A shooting in Camden park left two people dead and one injured, according to authorities.
- A police officer in Ridgewood was caught in an undercover sting involving the dating app Tinder.A police officer in Ridgewood was caught in an undercover sting involving the dating app Tinder.
- A Florida man is accused of leaving threatening rants about gun control, illegal immigration, homosexuals, black people and Muslims for three Democratic members of Congress, including Sen. Cory Booker.
- Law enforcement officials say that they used an online dating site to help capture a man accused of sexually assaulting a Philadelphia woman.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A crash on Route 22 involving a BMW and a tractor-trailer has left one person dead in Hillside.A crash on Route 22 involving a BMW and a tractor-trailer has left one person dead in Hillside.
- Authorities say they have found an unlikely culprit for a power outage last week that struck a hotel in Mahwah -- a snake.
- Sri Lanka's president gave the military sweeping police powers starting Tuesday in the wake of the Easter bombings that killed nearly 300 people.
- Firefighters in three states are honoring a U.S. Marine and firefighter who was killed by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan.