Police shoot, injure ‘violent, emotionally disturbed’ man in Jersey CityPosted: Updated:
Police say officers shot and injured a man who they describe as "violent" and "emotionally disturbed" in his home in Jersey City.
Officials say officers tried to calm down the 36-year-old man, who displayed a weapon. Officers then shot at him.
It's unclear what the weapon was.
The man was hospitalized is in critical but stable condition. The county prosecutor is said to be investigating the incident.
The man lives with his parents. His identity wasn’t released.
- A 44-year-old Paterson man is facing charges for allegedly videotaping two women inside of a bathroom at the Clifton Barnes & Noble bookstore.
- A case of the mumps has been reported at Grice Middle School in Hamilton Township, according to a letter sent to parents by the school district.
- A winning Powerball New Jersey lottery ticket worth $50,000 was sold at the ShopRite in Lanoka Harbor.
- It may be a bad flu season for kids, but early signs suggest the flu vaccine is working OK.It may be a bad flu season for kids, but early signs suggest the flu vaccine is working OK.
- Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg says he's willing to release at least three women from nondisclosure agreements
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Send us photos of all of the pets you love!Send us photos of all of the pets you love!
- Baseball season is right around the corner, and the Mets have reported to their spring training facility. Take a look at some of the sights from Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- The Yankees have a World Series title on their mind in 2020, but it all begins with spring training. Take a look at some of the sights from Tampa, Florida.
- The NASCAR Daytona 500 auto race took place at Daytona International Speedway Feb. 17, in Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!