Comedian Artie Lange avoids jail time despite positive drug testPosted: Updated:
(AP) - A judge has spared comedian Artie Lange jail time even though he tested positive for cocaine and amphetamine.
Despite the positive test Friday in Newark, the judge ordered Lange's attorney to apply to have his client admitted to drug court.
Lange was in court Friday for a probation violation.
The Hoboken resident was ordered to serve four years' probation in June after he pleaded guilty to heroin possession stemming from a 2017 traffic stop.
NJ.com reports Lange told the judge Friday that heroin is out of his life.
Guys I will tweet about this once. Today in court they drug tested me. For the last decade or more they’d have found both Heroin and Cocaine. With the help of in my eyes a miracle legal medication called Suboxen I tested negative for Heroin. I haven’t used Heroin in 41 days...— Artie Lange (@artiequitter) December 14, 2018
The 51-year-old is a cast member in the HBO series "Crashing." He also performed on the Fox sketch comedy series "Mad TV" and spent nearly a decade as a co-host on "The Howard Stern Show."
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- A teenager who suffered a gunshot wound ran to nearby Brick Memorial High School for help, prompting a lockdown at the school.
- Those heading to the new American Dream mall in East Rutherford will be paying for more than just shopping and entertainment.
- Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter has been hospitalized with a pelvic fracture after a fall at his home in Plains, Georgia.
- A South Amboy family who lost their home to a fire says that they are grateful for help from the community.
- A Paterson family says that a family tragedy was made even worse when a funeral home mixed up the body of their loved one.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.