Port Authority polls public on placement of Holland Tunnel wreathsPosted: Updated:
A former Hoboken man's petition to have the Christmas decorations above the Holland Tunnel moved has caught the attention of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
Cory Windelspecht started a change.org petition to convince the agency to move the wreaths so that they are more aesthetically pleasing.
Currently, the circular wreaths cover the tunnel signs "O'' and "U'' and the tree-shaped wreath covers the "N'' in "Holland."
"I understand it's a petty thing--people have real problems but this is something that bugs me and it bugs a lot of people every day," Windelspecht said.
Windelspecht’s petition calls for the tree-shaped wreath to be moved a few feet to the left, to cover the “A” in “Holland.” The petition received hundreds of signatures.
The Port Authority initially said that there were no plans to move the wreaths. But officials at the agency seemed to have changed their minds and decided to ask the public what they think.
A poll set up by the Port Authority asks motorists if the tree should be moved over the “A,” move the tree over the "A" and lose the second wreath over the "U" in Tunnel, or add a tree to hang over the “A” and keep the others as well.
“This season is no time for discourse and debate, but for festive holiday cheer,” said Port Authority Executive Director Rick Cotton in a statement.
The poll will conclude at 5 p.m. on Dec. 16. You may cast your vote HERE.
- A teenager who suffered a gunshot wound ran to nearby Brick Memorial High School for help, prompting a lockdown at the school.
- Those heading to the new American Dream mall in East Rutherford will be paying for more than just shopping and entertainment.
- Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter has been hospitalized with a pelvic fracture after a fall at his home in Plains, Georgia.
- A South Amboy family who lost their home to a fire says that they are grateful for help from the community.
- A Paterson family says that a family tragedy was made even worse when a funeral home mixed up the body of their loved one.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.