Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Report of armed person temporarily locks down schoolPosted: Updated:
A report of a potentially armed person inside Burlington City High School temporarily placed the school into a lockdown.
The incident happened Tuesday around 12:50 p.m.
School officials told police they thought someone in the building had a gun.
Police found no threat at the school, and the area was deemed safe.
As a precaution, classes and all after school activities were canceled.
There have been no arrests, and no firearm was recovered during the search.
- Coastal storm topples trees, cuts power to thousands as high wind warning in effect todayCoastal storm topples trees, cuts power to thousands as high wind warning in effect today
- Authorities in Jackson have arrested a man wanted since late September, accused of choking and shocking a woman multiple times with a Taser in a Wawa parking lot.
- Vice President Mike Pence says that Turkey has agreed to a cease-fire in Syria.Vice President Mike Pence says that Turkey has agreed to a cease-fire in Syria.
- Police in Woodland Park are looking for the woman who tried to lure a child in front of a school during dismissal.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.