Police warn of scam that threatens to harm victim’s familyPosted: Updated:
Police across New Jersey are warning residents about a phone scam that threatens to harm family members if you don't wire money to the caller.
According to police, the details vary slightly on each call, but say all of them are made from the number 331-240-1294.
Police say a computerized voice then claims to be watching your home and asks you to call that number and wire money based on their instructions.
If you receive a call, police say not to dial the number and instead call police immediately.
The most recent incident was reported to the New Jersey State Police Perryville Station.
- A viewer named Kelly tells News 12 her 5-year-old son threw a crab line, with no bait and just a sinker, into a lagoon in Lavallette – and hooked a 300-pound sunfish.
- It's one of the most popular video games in the world – but millions of gamers can't play!It's one of the most popular video games in the world – but millions of gamers can't play!
- The Cumberland County community is mourning a 10-year-old girl who was killed in an amusement ride accident at a local fair.
- Police in West Windsor are warning residents about a reported attempted luring after an 11-year-old boy was approached by a vehicle on his way home from school.
- New Jersey's black bear hunt got underway Monday.New Jersey's black bear hunt got underway Monday.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.