New Jersey State PBA takes part in massive toy drivePosted: Updated:
Members of the New Jersey State Police Benevolent Association participated in a large toy drive at the Pines Manor in Edison Tuesday.
The toys will go to 5,000 children who are part of New Jersey Foster and Adoptive Family Services. The toys are organized by age and county so that children in each part of the state are able to get gifts and feel loved.
“They’re away from their family; what they’ve known. It could be their parents or siblings they may be away from,” says NJ FAFS CEO Corinne LeBaron.
Police officials say that officers are always ready to answer the call to donate toys to those in need.
“We put out one email – we say ‘toy drive’ and they know what to do and this is the result,” says PBA president Pat Colligan. “This is what we do best.”
Each county will hold a holiday party and Santa will deliver the toys to the children.
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this story incorrectly stated that the New Jersey State Police Department organized the toy drive.
- A viewer named Kelly tells News 12 her 5-year-old son threw a crab line, with no bait and just a sinker, into a lagoon in Lavallette – and hooked a 300-pound sunfish.
- It's one of the most popular video games in the world – but millions of gamers can't play!It's one of the most popular video games in the world – but millions of gamers can't play!
- The Cumberland County community is mourning a 10-year-old girl who was killed in an amusement ride accident at a local fair.
- Police in West Windsor are warning residents about a reported attempted luring after an 11-year-old boy was approached by a vehicle on his way home from school.
- New Jersey's black bear hunt got underway Monday.New Jersey's black bear hunt got underway Monday.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.