Colder temperatures expected to come to New JerseyPosted: Updated:
New Jersey is expected to get its first experience of cold weather this season after a mild September and October.
Forecasters say that temperatures are expected to be about 10 degrees below average this Sunday, with low temperatures expected to be in the low-40s.
But some New Jersey residents say that they are ready for the colder weather.
MORE: News 12 Weather Center
“I honestly love it,” says Susan Zane of Burlington County. “My theory has always been you can always add more layers, but after a certain point you can't take them off.”
Kiara says that she is from the warmer Dominican Republic, but that she doesn’t mind the colder weather either.
“It’s not easy to get used to, but it’s nice. It’s a chance as opposed to being in the warm weather all the time,” she says.
New Jersey is expected to be hit by two blasts of arctic air – first Sunday and then again by mid-week. This may cause some parts of New Jersey to see their first snowflakes of the season.
- A teenager who suffered a gunshot wound ran to nearby Brick Memorial High School for help, prompting a lockdown at the school.
- Those heading to the new American Dream mall in East Rutherford will be paying for more than just shopping and entertainment.
- Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter has been hospitalized with a pelvic fracture after a fall at his home in Plains, Georgia.
- A South Amboy family who lost their home to a fire says that they are grateful for help from the community.
- A Paterson family says that a family tragedy was made even worse when a funeral home mixed up the body of their loved one.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.