New Jersey hospitals receive high marks in national safety surveyPosted: Updated:
New Jersey’s hospitals have ranked very high on a national safety survey.
Of the 67 local hospitals evaluated by the Leapfrog Safety Report, 38 got A’s. That's more A's than any other state in the nation.
Those hospitals showed reduced numbers of infections, bed sores, falls and preventable mistakes.
The list of hospitals include:
- Atlantic Regional Medical Center, Atlantic City;
- Atlantic Regional Medical Center, Pomona;
- Bayshore Medical Center, Holmdel;
- Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell;
- CarePoint Health – Bayonne Medical Center;
- Chilton Medical Center, Pompton Plains;
- Clara Maass Medical Center, Belleville;
- Community Medical Center, Toms River;
- Hackensack University Medical Center;
- Inspira Medical Center, Elmer;
- Inspira Medical Center Woodbury;
- Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital;
- Jefferson Stratford Hospital;
- Jersey City Medical Center;
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune;
- JFK Medical Center, Edison;
- Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch;
- Morristown Medical Center;
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center;
- Ocean Medical Center, Brick;
- Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center, Camden;
- Overlook Medical Center, Summit;
- Raritan Bay Medical Center, Perth Amboy;
- Riverview Medical Center, Red Bank;
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton;
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital-Somerset, Somerville;
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston;
- St. Clare's Hospital, Denville;
- St. Clare's Hospital, Dover;
- St. Michael's Medical Center, Newark;
- Shore Medical Center, Somers Point;
- Southern Ocean Medical Center, Manahawkin;
- St. Joseph's University Medical Center, Paterson;
- St. Mary's General Hospital, Passaic.
- Valley Hospital, Ridgewood;
- University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro;
- Virtua Marlton Hospital;
- Virtua Voorhees Hospital.
More information about the safety survey can be found at Leapfrog’s hospital safety website.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A group of Dover police officers has been accused of repeatedly punching a man who was restrained during an arrest over the weekend.
- Firefighters continue to keep watch Monday morning after a second smaller explosion happened at the Kearny chlorine plant.
- Nike says it is changing its contracts to protect athletes through their pregnancies.Nike says it is changing its contracts to protect athletes through their pregnancies.
- Delays are expected in Paterson Monday afternoon, where HBO will be filming scenes for the prequel to “The Sopranos.”
- La policía busca a un hombre que mostró sus genitales a dos niños en Sunset Park, Brooklyn.La policía busca a un hombre que mostró sus genitales a dos niños en Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.