Officials: 6 cases of measles now confirmed in New JerseyPosted: Updated:
New Jersey health officials have confirmed two more cases of measles in Ocean County.
The Lakewood outbreak now has six cases, with another seven people suspected of having the virus.
The outbreak is tied to a person who recently returned from an overseas trip to Israel.
The Ocean County Department of Health says that hundreds of people have gotten the measles vaccine since the outbreak started.
Officials say that anyone who visited the following locations in Lakewood between Oct. 28 and Nov. 1 may have been exposed to the illness.
- Schul Satmar – 405 Forest Ave.
- Chemed Health Center – 1771 Madison Ave.
- Office of Dr. Eli Eilenberg – 150 James St.
- Four Corners Bagel & Café – 150 James St.
Health officials are working to identify and notify people who may have been exposed during this time.
Measles is a highly contagious disease. Symptoms include rash, high fever, cough, runny nose and red, watery eyes.
Infected people may develop symptoms as late as Nov. 22.
Anyone who thinks that they may have been exposed should contact a medical professional before seeking treatment in order to limit unnecessary exposure.
For more information, click here.
- Flash flood watches, as well as wind advisories, are in effect today as heavy rain is expected to douse all parts of New Jersey this afternoon, making for a messy commute home.
- Authorities in South Carolina say an inmate accused of slaying a gas station clerk in Edison killed his cellmate during a fight.
- Trader Joe's is opening two new locations in the next two weeks, with two others planned around the state.Trader Joe's is opening two new locations in the next two weeks, with two others planned around the state.
- A woman has pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter and murder in the beating deaths of her mother and grandmother last year in their Ventnor home.
- Records obtained by The Associated Press indicate New Jersey taxpayers were billed about $18,000 for government officials' recent trip to India despite Gov. Phil Murphy's office's earlier statements that a privately funded group would pay for the visit.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.