Cranford school faculty member accused of making threatsPosted: Updated:
A Cranford school faculty member is accused of making threats against the school.
Matthew Acosta, 33, allegedly made threats against Orange Avenue School on Friday, Nov. 2.
According to a letter posted on the Cranford School District website, another staff member overheard Acosta make the threats and reported it to the school principal, who called police.
Details about the alleged threat were not made public.
Acosta was charged with one count of third-degree terroristic threats and one count of fourth-degree risking widespread injury or damage.
“The safety of our school community is a shared responsibility. I want to thank that faculty member for coming forward and making a report,” school superintendent Scott Rubin said in a statement.
Security at the school was increased Monday as a precaution.
- The driver accused of killing a 15-year-old boy and injuring his father in a hit-and-run crash in Lakewood faced a judge Tuesday.The driver accused of killing a 15-year-old boy and injuring his father in a hit-and-run crash in Lakewood faced a judge Tuesday.
- State police are asking for the public’s help finding the man who used a bar to try and burglarize a pizzeria in Monmouth County.State police are asking for the public’s help finding the man who used a bar to try and burglarize a pizzeria in Monmouth County.
- A Mount Arlington man is facing sexual assault charges for an alleged incident involving a toddler.A Mount Arlington man is facing sexual assault charges for an alleged incident involving a toddler.
- Police say a man managed to rob two banks in the span of 10 minutes in Newark Saturday.Police say a man managed to rob two banks in the span of 10 minutes in Newark Saturday.
- Authorities say a suspended New Jersey police officer and his wife have been indicted on more serious charges in the death of their 3-month-old daughter last year.Authorities say a suspended New Jersey police officer and his wife have been indicted on more serious charges in the death of their 3-month-old daughter last year.
- Flash flood watches, as well as wind advisories, are in effect today as heavy rain is expected to douse all parts of New Jersey this afternoon, making for a messy commute home.
- Authorities in South Carolina say an inmate accused of slaying a gas station clerk in Edison killed his cellmate during a fight.
- A man from Freehold made game show history Monday, becoming the all-time daytime winner on “The Price is Right.”
- A woman has pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter and murder in the beating deaths of her mother and grandmother last year in their Ventnor home.
- Records obtained by The Associated Press indicate New Jersey taxpayers were billed about $18,000 for government officials' recent trip to India despite Gov. Phil Murphy's office's earlier statements that a privately funded group would pay for the visit.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.