News

Officials: 2 people found unconscious from carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
NORTH PLAINFIELD -

Two people were found unconscious due to carbon monoxide poisoning at a seafood market in North Plainfield.

The victims were discovered by two workers Saturday around 5 p.m. at the Fresh Catch Seafood Market on Route 22.

According to officials, the victims were burned by some type of chemical.

The fire chief says it was caused by a gas-powered power washer that was used indoors.

The market is currently under renovation.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."