Animal rights activists protest NJ bear huntPosted: Updated:
Animal rights groups rallied against the state-sanctioned bear hunt this weekend.
Protesters say they've launched a public media campaign against the annual bear hunt. They're urging Gov. Phil Murphy to keep his vow of putting an end to the hunt.
The demonstration took place Saturday in Middletown where Murphy lives.
"Men in the woods with guns shooting creatures--that may work in Alaska or Colorado or something but New Jersey is a very densely populated state and we just think there's a better policy to eliminate unwanted human and bear encounters," said Jay Lassiter of Cherry Hill.
A billboard also went up in Middletown urging the end of the bear hunt.
- State police say three people have been killed following an early morning car accident on Interstate 80.
- The American Dream mega mall in East Rutherford is set to open its doors in exactly one week, and opening inside -- the Nickelodeon Universe theme park.The American Dream mega mall in East Rutherford is set to open its doors in exactly one week, and opening inside -- the Nickelodeon Universe theme park.
- A former law student at Rutgers University accused of sending a threatening email to students and making a video referencing a shooting has been arrested.
- A man from Pennsylvania is launching a new effort to find Bridgeton missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, and a new search is scheduled for this weekend.
- A new Chick-fil-A will be opening its doors sometime next month in West Berlin, and looking to fill over 150 positions.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.