Lemonade vendor robbed at gunpoint gets gift from Lowe'sPosted: Updated:
A 9-year-old entrepreneur whose lemonade stand was robbed of $17 by an older boy is getting a business boost from a home-improvement giant.
Union County Sheriff's Office spokesman Tony Underwood said Tuesday that investigators are still searching for a male teen suspect in the Saturday afternoon stickup.
The young drinks vendor said a teenager pointed a handgun at him while he was at his stand in Monroe, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) southeast of Charlotte.
A business card that one customer collected from the boy's lemonade stand states that he also works as a lawn mower and dog walker.
Home-improvement chain Lowe's gave the boy a new, $1,100 riding lawn mower on Monday. Spokeswoman Sarah Lively says officials at the company's Charlotte headquarters made the gesture after seeing news reports.
- The state is shutting down all amusement rides similar to the one a 10-year-old girl was fatally thrown from over the weekend.
- Ocean County’s first Trader Joe’s is now open following this morning’s ribbon-cutting and grand opening.
- The strong winds and wet weather that caused damage across the state Wednesday were the result of a bomb cyclone, according to News 12 meteorologists.
- Authorities in Jackson have arrested a man wanted since late September, accused of choking and shocking a woman multiple times with a Taser in a Wawa parking lot.
- Elan Footerman, of Edison, aka "The Skee-Ball Kid," is the new National Skee-Ball League world champion.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.