Penn State frat member connected to pledge's death sentencedPosted: Updated:
A Penn State fraternity member has been sentenced in the Timothy Piazza hazing case.
Ryan Burke was sentenced to three months of house arrest and 27 months of probation. He also has to do 100 hours of community service and pay a $1,000 fine.
Burke pleaded guilty to four counts of hazing and five alcohol violations.
Burke was accused of giving New Jersey native Piazza a bottle of vodka at a party. Piazza later died after a night of heavy drinking at the Beta Theta Pi fraternity.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A grand jury has indicted a Newark police officer in a deadly shooting during a police pursuit.A grand jury has indicted a Newark police officer in a deadly shooting during a police pursuit.
- Dressbarn, the women's clothing chain that's been around for nearly 60 years, is closing all 650 of its stores.
- Today is National Buy a Musical Instrument Day! Worldwide, the most played instrument is the piano, followed by the guitar and the drums. Do you own a musical instrument?
- A group of Sayreville police officers visited with World War II veterans at Veterans Memorial Home in Menlo Park.
- Two neighboring Bergen County towns will be celebrating LGBT Pride Month for the first time this June. But reactions from residents in the two towns are dissimilar.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.