Group, residents against dog park proposal in Woodland ParkPosted: Updated:
There is a proposal to build a new dog park in Passaic County but one group says officials are barking up the wrong tree.
The plan would be to build a dog enclosure at Rifle Camp Park in Woodland Park near the Carnie Bragg picnic area.
Some park-goers are against the proposal.
"Garrett Mountain is 300 acres and it's all flat," Raymond Patterson says of another park. "They have to come in here and remove trees, put up fences. It's just ludicrous. It's a waste of money."
The county is also considering new playground equipment, a new basketball court, a picnic pavilion and renovating the bathrooms.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Law enforcement officers in Union County say that they have arrested the man responsible for killing a beloved teacher in a hit-and-run crash.
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute have ranked all 21 counties in New Jersey from the healthiest to least healthy.
- The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office is investigating the shooting death of an 18-year-old in Irvington.
- Talk show host Wendy Williams’s announcement that she has been living in a “sober home” for treatment for addiction has brought the struggle to the forefront of addiction recovery.
- A New Jersey sixth-grader received quite the surprise when her older brother returned early from military deployment.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- The Yankees showed off their dining menu ahead of the new baseball season.The Yankees showed off their dining menu ahead of the new baseball season.
- The 2019 New York City St. Patrick's Day parade was held Saturday, March 16 along Fifth Avenue, from 44th Street to 79th Street.
- Performers at the Great South Bay Music Festival in Patchogue July 18 - July 21.Performers at the Great South Bay Music Festival in Patchogue July 18 - July 21.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- With spring just days away, Newsday's Jennifer Berger shows News 12's Elizabeth Hashagen some hot toys that will be sure to warm up your spring!