New York man charged in fatal crash on Interstate 80 in NetcongPosted: Updated:
(AP) - A New York man faces a vehicular homicide charge after an accident on Interstate 80 killed a passenger in his car.
Authorities in Morris County say 20-year-old Chevron Rolle of Far Rockaway was driving westbound in Mount Olive early Sunday morning when he was involved in a one-vehicle crash. His passenger, 18-year-old Maneya Green of New York, was killed.
State police and Morris County prosecutors say Rolle initially provided false information to responding officers at the scene. They say he also exhibited signs of being under the influence.
Rolle has been charged with vehicular homicide, obstruction and marijuana possession.
It wasn't immediately known if he was being represented by an attorney who could comment on the charges.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The state is shutting down all amusement rides similar to the one a 10-year-old girl was fatally thrown from over the weekend.
- Ocean County’s first Trader Joe’s is now open following this morning’s ribbon-cutting and grand opening.
- The strong winds and wet weather that caused damage across the state Wednesday were the result of a bomb cyclone, according to News 12 meteorologists.
- Authorities in Jackson have arrested a man wanted since late September, accused of choking and shocking a woman multiple times with a Taser in a Wawa parking lot.
- Elan Footerman, of Edison, aka "The Skee-Ball Kid," is the new National Skee-Ball League world champion.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.