Guide: Apple Picking in the Hudson Valley
Looking to go apple picking this fall season? Check out some of the locations in Westchester and Hudson Valley. Please check with the location before heading out as dates and times are subject to change.
63 Apple Tree Lane
Hours: Opens in July; Monday-Sunday, Holidays, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
Types of apples: Early Gold, Pristine, Paula Red, Ginger Gold, Zestars, Jona Mac, Gala, Macintosh, Cortlandt, Macoun, Spartans, Empires, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Jona Gold, Ida Red, Crispen, Red Stayman, Fuji, Cameo, Greenings, Romes, Winesap, Granny Smith
Other activities: Farm stand, playground, gem stone mining, petting zoo
9 Fishkill Farm Road
Hours: Daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Pixie Crunch, Sweet Sixteen, Galarina, Florina, Crimson Topaz, Crimson Crisp, Shizuka, Suncrisp, Ida Red, Northern Sky, Newtown Pippin, Rome, Red Delicious, Pink Lady, Granny Smith, Macoun, Gala and more
Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard
130 Hardscrabble Road
Hours: Aug. 31-Oct. 27; weekends & holidays only until 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Braeburn, Granny Smith, Empire, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Fuji, Macoun, Crispin, Cortland, Pink Lady, Cameo, Honeycrisp
Other activities: Hayrides, games, live music, farm animals, pony rides, face painting
5755 Route 209
Hours: Daily, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Types of apples: Ginger Golds, Jonamacs, Cortlands, Empire, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, Crispin and Rome
Other activities: Farm activities are Mini-golf, Corn Maze, Hay Mountain Jumping pillow, Petting farm and Playground.
139 Hardscrabble Road
Hours: Apple picking starts Aug. 31; Daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Types of apples: McIntosh, Cortland, Rhode Island Greenings, Rome, Baldwin, Red Delicious
Other activities: Hay rides
230 Guinea Road
Hours: Sunday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Granny Smith, Braeburn, Ida Red, Fuji, Winesap, Golden Delicious, Northern Spy, Jonagold, Crispin, Red Delicious, Empire, Macoun, Cortland, Gala, McIntosh, Gingergold, Jonamac, Paula Red
5100 Route 209
Hours: U-pick apples start Labor Day weekend; Tuesday – Saturday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sundays - 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Other activities: Hayrides, festivals, market, bakery
62 Granite Springs Road
Hours: Daily beginning Sept. 6, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: McIntosh, Jonamac, Cortland, Macoun, Gala, Empire, Northern Spy, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Winesap. Fuji, Ida Red, Crispin, Cameo, Sun Crisps, Nitany’s, Braeburn
Other activities: Farm stand
Wilkens Fruit & Fir Farm
1335 White Hill Road
Hours: Starts Sept. 1; Daily, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Types of apples: Gala, McIntosh, Baldwin, Cortland, Macoun, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Jonagold, Crispin, Empire, Winesap, Fuji, Ida Red
Other activities: Corn maze
Did we miss your favorite orchard or farm? Click here to let us know!
Food & FunMore>>
- The four-day long NYC Wine and Food Festival has come to a close. It featured more than 80 events throughout the city, 500 chefs, and more than 50,000 attendees.The four-day long NYC Wine and Food Festival has come to a close. It featured more than 80 events throughout the city, 500 chefs, and more than 50,000 attendees.
- More than 10 million pounds of food was sent out of the Feeding Westchester distribution center to programs and agencies throughout the county.
- Fortnite's black hole is over.Fortnite's black hole is over.
- Eastchester High School secured the win with more than 29,000 votes.Eastchester High School secured the win with more than 29,000 votes.
- Food Allergy Research & Education's Teal Pumpkin Project is raising food allergies awareness. You can be inclusive for all trick or treaters with the addition of trinkets and toys to your treats.Food Allergy Research & Education's Teal Pumpkin Project is raising food allergies awareness. You can be inclusive for all trick or treaters with the addition of trinkets and toys to your treats.