Coast Guard crew aids ailing passenger aboard cruise shipPosted: Updated:
(AP) - The Coast Guard has come to the aid of a cruise ship passenger who was experiencing medical problems.
Authorities say the 48-year-old woman was suffering from seizures aboard the Royal Caribbean cruise ship Anthem of the Seas, which had departed from Bayonne on Thursday and was headed to Bermuda.
A Coast Guard crew responded to the vessel shortly after 7 p.m. Thursday while it was in waters off Sandy Hook on Thursday night. They took the woman and a nurse aboard 47-foot Motor Life Boat and brought them to the guard's Sandy Hook station.
The woman was taken to a hospital. But her name and further details on her condition were not disclosed.
- A Mount Arlington man is facing sexual assault charges for an alleged incident involving a toddler.A Mount Arlington man is facing sexual assault charges for an alleged incident involving a toddler.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- The four-day long NYC Wine and Food Festival has come to a close. It featured more than 80 events throughout the city, 500 chefs, and more than 50,000 attendees.
- Beach season may be over, but that didn't stop student surfers from hitting the waters at Spring Lake Beach Sunday.
- Monday marks the start of New Jersey's black bear hunting season.Monday marks the start of New Jersey's black bear hunting season.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Do you like to gamble? Or maybe you're just looking to get away for a weekend or for a night? The tri-state area has a couple casinos that may do the trick. Here is a guide to casinos in the area.
- New York Comic Con is being held at the Javits Center Oct. 3-6, and News 12 is there! Click or tap on the photos to get a look at all of the fun!