Coast Guard crew aids ailing passenger aboard cruise shipPosted: Updated:
(AP) - The Coast Guard has come to the aid of a cruise ship passenger who was experiencing medical problems.
Authorities say the 48-year-old woman was suffering from seizures aboard the Royal Caribbean cruise ship Anthem of the Seas, which had departed from Bayonne on Thursday and was headed to Bermuda.
A Coast Guard crew responded to the vessel shortly after 7 p.m. Thursday while it was in waters off Sandy Hook on Thursday night. They took the woman and a nurse aboard 47-foot Motor Life Boat and brought them to the guard's Sandy Hook station.
The woman was taken to a hospital. But her name and further details on her condition were not disclosed.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A group of Dover police officers has been accused of repeatedly punching a man who was restrained during an arrest over the weekend.
- Firefighters continue to keep watch Monday morning after a second smaller explosion happened at the Kearny chlorine plant.
- Volunteers came to clean a memorial to a 9-year-old cancer victim after it was vandalized over the weekend.
- Officials have once again pushed back the opening date for a massive retail and entertainment center in the Meadowlands.
- A woman whose home was populated by starving cats who had eaten some of their own to survive will have to go back to court to see if she can avoid a trial and possible jail time.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.