Coast Guard crew aids ailing passenger aboard cruise shipPosted: Updated:
(AP) - The Coast Guard has come to the aid of a cruise ship passenger who was experiencing medical problems.
Authorities say the 48-year-old woman was suffering from seizures aboard the Royal Caribbean cruise ship Anthem of the Seas, which had departed from Bayonne on Thursday and was headed to Bermuda.
A Coast Guard crew responded to the vessel shortly after 7 p.m. Thursday while it was in waters off Sandy Hook on Thursday night. They took the woman and a nurse aboard 47-foot Motor Life Boat and brought them to the guard's Sandy Hook station.
The woman was taken to a hospital. But her name and further details on her condition were not disclosed.
- A 44-year-old Paterson man is facing charges for allegedly videotaping two women inside of a bathroom at the Clifton Barnes & Noble bookstore.
- A case of the mumps has been reported at Grice Middle School in Hamilton Township, according to a letter sent to parents by the school district.
- A winning Powerball New Jersey lottery ticket worth $50,000 was sold at the ShopRite in Lanoka Harbor.
- It may be a bad flu season for kids, but early signs suggest the flu vaccine is working OK.It may be a bad flu season for kids, but early signs suggest the flu vaccine is working OK.
- Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg says he's willing to release at least three women from nondisclosure agreements
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Send us photos of all of the pets you love!Send us photos of all of the pets you love!
- Baseball season is right around the corner, and the Mets have reported to their spring training facility. Take a look at some of the sights from Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- The Yankees have a World Series title on their mind in 2020, but it all begins with spring training. Take a look at some of the sights from Tampa, Florida.
- The NASCAR Daytona 500 auto race took place at Daytona International Speedway Feb. 17, in Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!