Bride loses wedding dress in Toms River strip mall firePosted: Updated:
A New Jersey woman says her wedding dress was destroyed in a fire at a strip mall in Toms River.
Nicole Folmer, of Bayville, was set to get married on July 20. But her wedding dress was inside BJ’s Dry Cleaner, which caught on fire Monday morning, along with several other businesses in the Ocean National Plaza.
Folmer says that she will now have to postpone her wedding so that she can look for a new dress and have it tailored.
“I’m very upset, but what can you do?” Folmer asks. “I’m OK. I’m just trying to hold it back.”
Folmer says that her dress was at the dry cleaner because she was having some alterations made due to her being five months pregnant.
She says that she is hoping the owner of the dry cleaner will reimburse her for the cost of the dress, which was $379.
- A 44-year-old Paterson man is facing charges for allegedly videotaping two women inside of a bathroom at the Clifton Barnes & Noble bookstore.
- A case of the mumps has been reported at Grice Middle School in Hamilton Township, according to a letter sent to parents by the school district.
- A winning Powerball New Jersey lottery ticket worth $50,000 was sold at the ShopRite in Lanoka Harbor.
- It may be a bad flu season for kids, but early signs suggest the flu vaccine is working OK.It may be a bad flu season for kids, but early signs suggest the flu vaccine is working OK.
- Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg says he's willing to release at least three women from nondisclosure agreements
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Send us photos of all of the pets you love!Send us photos of all of the pets you love!
- Baseball season is right around the corner, and the Mets have reported to their spring training facility. Take a look at some of the sights from Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- The Yankees have a World Series title on their mind in 2020, but it all begins with spring training. Take a look at some of the sights from Tampa, Florida.
- The NASCAR Daytona 500 auto race took place at Daytona International Speedway Feb. 17, in Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!