Coastal Flood STATEMENT in effect for:
Fourth of July fireworks display held in Perth AmboyPosted: Updated:
The city of Perth Amboy got a jump on the Fourth of July holiday with a fireworks display Tuesday evening.
The world-renowned Garden State Fireworks brightened the sky over the Raritan Bay with a show that was visible for miles.
A boat parade was held in the bay prior to the show. Families could see 36 decorated boats. The parade started at the Outerbridge Crossing, passed the Perth Amboy waterfront and continued on to Raritan Bay Waterfront Park.
GUIDE: Fireworks in New Jersey
Families also got to enjoy beach volleyball, a dance contest, food trucks and much more, which they say was the perfect way to celebrate America’s birthday.
"It's America. It's not perfect, but we are one of the greatest countries in the world,” said one attendee.
Although there were some rainstorms in the area, many Perth Amboy residents still showed up for the celebration.
- Police in Linden say a passenger of a vehicle was killed after the driver struck a parked tractor-trailer.
- The American Dream mega mall in East Rutherford opens Friday, including the Nickelodeon Universe theme park. Here is a guide for everything you need to know.
- A Paterson family says that a family tragedy was made even worse when a funeral home mixed up the body of their loved one.
- Authorities searching for a missing West Point Cadet have found his body.Authorities searching for a missing West Point Cadet have found his body.
- The city has good news for bus riders in City Island.The city has good news for bus riders in City Island.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.