Morris Habitat for Humanity builds new homes in Mine HillPosted: Updated:
The Morris Habitat for Humanity have cut the ribbon on new houses they built in Mine Hill Saturday.
Just 10 days after groundbreaking, two new houses stand on Randall Avenue thanks to the hard work of willing volunteers.
The families who will live in these houses had to put in 300 hours of work alongside the volunteers. Habitat for Humanity calls this "sweat equity."
The families will have 30-year, no interest mortgages on the properties, and will pay about $700 per month to Morris Habitat for Humanity.
The new residents will move in soon.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A group of Dover police officers has been accused of repeatedly punching a man who was restrained during an arrest over the weekend.
- Firefighters continue to keep watch Monday morning after a second smaller explosion happened at the Kearny chlorine plant.
- Volunteers came to clean a memorial to a 9-year-old cancer victim after it was vandalized over the weekend.
- Officials have once again pushed back the opening date for a massive retail and entertainment center in the Meadowlands.
- A woman whose home was populated by starving cats who had eaten some of their own to survive will have to go back to court to see if she can avoid a trial and possible jail time.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.